1. WHO WE ARE
À Portuguesa belongs to the company O Mundo da Equitação - Comércio e Indústria de Artigos de Equitação Unipessoal, Lda, headquartered at Rua da Fábrica 58 D, 2135-144 Porto Alto, Samora Correia, Portugal, Collective Person nº 504224387, hereinafter referred to as “À Portuguesa” is a webpage that sells riding items, in physical and online store, specialized in portuguese riding materials and saddle fitting.
We treat your personal data as co-responsible for the processing and protection of your data.
Data Protection Officer's email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. WHY WE USE YOUR DATA
We are authorized to handle your data on different grounds. The main thing is that we need to deal with them for the execution of the contract that you agree to enter into with us when making a purchase, or even to obtain a quote (pre-contractual obligations) or even to enjoy some of our services or features, although there are others reasons that legitimize us to use them, such as the interest in answering your questions or the consent you grant us to send you our newsletters, among others.
Depending on how you interact with our Platform, that is, depending on the services, products or features you wish to use, we will process your personal data for the following purposes:
2.1. To respond to requests or requests made through the Customer Support channels We only process personal data that are strictly necessary to manage or resolve your request or order.
2.2. For marketing purposes. This purpose includes the processing of your data, mainly to:
- Insofar as you consent to receive news and communications from À Portuguesa, we will process your personal data to manage such request, including sending personalized information about our products or services through various means (such as email, MMS or SMS).
- In this sense, bear in mind that this data processing does not imply any analysis of your user or customer profile to determine what your preferences are and therefore which are the products and services most suited to your style when we send you information.
- Remember that you can request the cancellation of this service at any time and without any cost, just send us an email to email@example.com.
- Carry out promotional actions (for example, for the organization of fairs, competitions or for sending your list of saved articles to the email address you provide us with).
- By participating in any promotional action, you authorize us to process the data you have made available for each promotional action and to communicate them through various means such as social networks or on the Platform itself. In each promotional action in which you participate, you will have available terms and conditions where we will give you more detailed information about the treatment of your personal data.
- We inform you that your personal data for these purposes will be kept for 10 years after obtaining your consent, and you may, as mentioned above, request the deletion of your data by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.3. Functionality and quality analysis to improve our services. If you access our Platform/site, we inform you that we will NOT treat your browsing data for analytical and statistical purposes, that is, to understand how users interact with our Platform and thus be able to improve it.
In addition, on certain occasions WE MAY carry out quality actions and surveys aimed at finding out the degree of satisfaction of our customers and users and detecting the areas in which we can improve, however, you will be informed in detail about the possible processing of your personal data.
3. WHAT DATA DO WE USE
Depending on the purposes for which we process your data at any given time, as explained above, we need to process some or other data which, in general, will be, depending on the case, the following:
- Your identification data (eg your name, address, taxpayer, contact details, etc.);
- Economic and transactional information (for example, your financial data in case you want to request financing for the purchase of our products.);
- Commercial information (for example, if you subscribed to our newsletter);
- Data about your tastes and preferences;
- Remember that, when we ask you to fill in your personal data to give you access to some functionality or service on the Platform, we will mark some fields as mandatory, as these are data that we need to be able to provide you with the service or give you access to the functionality in question. Please note that if you choose not to provide us with this information, you may not be able to complete your registration as a user or you may not be able to use these services or features.
4. WHOM WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
We will share your data with service providers that provide assistance or support, whether they are companies belonging to A Portuguesa, or external collaborators with whom we enter into an agreement, which may be located in Portugal or abroad
- Financial Institution;
- Technological service providers;
- Providers and employees of logistics, transport and delivery services;
- Service providers related to customer support;
- Partners and service providers related to marketing and advertising;
- For reasons of service efficiency, some of the providers may not belong to À Portuguesa, but they are all located in the European Economic Area. We inform you that when transferring your data to third parties, we safeguard with adequate guarantees and always maintaining the security of your data.
5. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to access, rectify or delete your personal data. In some cases, you also have other rights, for example, to object to us using your data or the right to transfer them, as explained in detail below, and may at any time request the deletion of your personal data by email: email@example.com
We are committed to respecting the confidentiality of your personal data and guaranteeing you the exercise of your rights. We have determined that you can exercise your rights at no cost by writing us a message to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, simply indicating the reason for your request and the right you want to exercise. If we consider it necessary for us to identify you, we may request a copy of an identification document.
In particular, regardless of the purpose or legal basis under which we process your data, you are entitled to:
- Asking us for access to the data we have about you.
- Ask us to rectify the data we already have.
- Ask us to delete your data to the extent that it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which we need to continue to process it, as explained above, or when we are no longer legally authorized to process it.
- Ask us to cancel or limit the processing of your data, which means that in certain cases you can ask us to temporarily suspend the processing of data or to keep them for longer than necessary when needed.
- If you have given us your consent to the processing of your data for any purpose, you are also entitled to withdraw it at any time, sending us such request to the following email: email@example.com.
When our legitimacy for the processing of your data is your consent or the execution of the contract, as explained above, you will also have the right to request the portability of your personal data. This means that you will have the right to receive the personal data you have provided us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, in order to be able to transmit them directly to another entity without any hindrance on our part.
On the other hand, when the processing of your data is based on our legitimate interest, you will also have the right to object to the processing of your data.
Finally, we would like to inform you that you have the right to file a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority: The National Data Protection Commission is located at Av. D. Carlos I, 134 – 1,º 1200-651 Lisboa. Telephone: 213 928 400 – Fax: 213 976 832 – e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The legal basis that allows us to process your personal data also depends on the purpose for which we process them, as explained in the following table:
6.1. Manage your registration as a website/platform user
The processing of your data is required in accordance with the terms that govern the use of the Platform. In other words, to make a contact request on the Platform/site, we need to process your personal data, otherwise we would not be able to manage your registration or fulfill your requests.
In case you decide to use our website or access through a social network, the reason why we are entitled to process your data is the consent you grant when authorizing the transfer of your data through the social network or website.
6.2. Development, fulfillment and execution of the purchase and sale or service contract
The processing of your data is necessary for the conclusion of the purchase and sale contract or the provision of services with you.
Some data processing related to the purchase process will only be activated when you request or authorize it, as in the case of storing payment data (accounting documents) in order to obtain financing.
In these cases, the basis for us to process your data is your own consent. We consider that we have a legitimate interest to carry out the necessary checks to detect and prevent possible fraud when making a purchase. We understand that the processing of this data is positive for all parties who intervene when paying for a purchase, and in particular for you, as it allows us to take measures to protect you against fraud attempts made by third parties.
6.3. Client support
We consider that we have a legitimate interest to respond to requests or questions that you make to us through the various means of contact available.
We understand that the processing of this data is also beneficial to you, as it allows us to adequately assist you and respond to your requests, make inquiries to satisfy and even present products that may satisfy your needs.
When you contact us, in particular, for the management of incidents related to your order or the product/service purchased through our website/platform, the processing of your data is necessary for the conclusion of the purchase and sale agreement, as well as the pre-contractual obligations, provided that it comes from your consent.
When your request is related to the exercise of the rights about which we inform you below, or to complaints related to our products or services, what legitimizes us to process your data is the fulfillment of our legal obligations.
The legitimate basis for processing your data for marketing purposes is the consent that you freely grant to us, for example, when you accept to receive personalized information through various means, when you accept these terms and conditions.
7. DATA RETENTION PERIOD
The period of retention of your data will depend on the purposes for which we process them, as explained below:
7.1. We will treat your data for as long as you remain a registered user (that is, until you decide to cancel your registration).
7.2. We will process your data for as long as necessary to manage the purchase of the products or services you have purchased, including possible returns, complaints or claims associated with the purchase of the product or service, and we have established a 3-year period.
7.3. We will treat your data for as long as necessary to fulfill your request or order.
7.4. We will process your data until you cancel your subscription or request the deletion of your data by sending us an email to email@example.com to request the deletion of your data regarding the sending of newsletters, and if not do we retain your personal data for such purpose for 10 years.
Regardless of whether we process your personal data for the time strictly necessary to fulfill the corresponding purpose, we will subsequently keep them properly stored and protected for as long as responsibilities arising from the processing may arise, always complying with the legislation in force. When each of the possible actions prescribes, we will delete personal data.
8. INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
We may use technologies such as "cookies" to record session information, collect visits and access details of our website that allow us to continue to improve our services and provide better and more useful features to our website users.
8.1. What is it?
If in the navigation software you use on your device you have accepted the recording of cookies, the cookies integrated in the pages and content you have consulted may be temporarily stored in a specific space on your device. In this location, they will only be readable by the issuer of the same.
8.2. Acceptance / refusal
The registration of a cookie on your terminal depends on your wishes. You may, at any time, choose to freely modify your choice through the options provided by your navigation software.
8.3. Why accept cookies?
When you visit the website www.aportuguesa.pt, these cookies will record certain information that is stored on your device. This information is essential to guarantee the features available and serve to a particular propose products based on the items you have already selected during your previous visits and thus allow you to benefit from a better navigation on our website.
8.4. Your browser configuration
The configuration of cookie management depends on each browser and is present in your browser's help menu.
Portuguesa reserves the right to make any changes or corrections to this notice as it deems appropriate. Please check this page regularly to review the information and check for updates.
When the change in question is significant in relation to your privacy, you will also receive a message to your email address, so that you can review the changes, evaluate them and, if applicable, object, canceling any service or functionality.